Monday, October 7, 2024

My reflection on the Non-Curricular Mini Lesson Teaching

Based on the feedback provided by multiple peers and myself, I can summarize that,

1. In the eyes of students, I was a confident teacher in the delivery of the content.

2. Classroom engagement is high between teacher and the students

3. Usage of material fell short likely due to the lack of digital or physical summary of the lesson content

4. Timing and the pace of delivery was appropriate for the content

5. Quality and clarity of the content was mostly high as everyone engaged with it

a. Jacob expressed that the initial setup could be more clear

6. Organizing and structuring of lesson need to include more participatory activities

a. Madison and Andy (implicitly) wished there was more discussion amongst peers.


Based on the execution of my mini-non-curricular lesson plan v2, I have the following reflections,

1. My interaction with the students went very well, they were engaged to my questions.

2. My presentation had sound logic structure, so students followed them as intended.

3. My confidence in the material made the students at ease with my presentation.

4. I originally had a discussion component, but was dropped when my students began to immediately answer my question. I should have held my ground and requested the peers to discuss amongst themselves to come up with a list of answers.

5. For the diagrams which I drew on the whiteboard (and included in the lesson plan), I should also offer them through a Google Doc link to review today's lesson afterward.


Overall, this was a good experience to have under my belt for attempting to teach with a time constraint. I will prepare the next mini-lesson with presentation and opportunity for student discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Reflection on EDCP 342

Here we are, the end of the road of EDCP 324. Although it was only around 3.5 months, this was the most I have thought about Math as a subje...