Tuesday, October 8, 2024

My thoughts on 'Responses to being STUCK'

This chapter was an interesting read because it brought up repressed memories from various stages of my life where I was stuck on questions. The anxiety from a prolonged inability to have a breakthrough during exams is criminal. However, this chapter has provided some guidances on systematic methods to dismantle that state of being STUCK.

I paused when I read the quote 'Reading the question again carefully is not a sign of inadequate reading ... so that you bring more relevant experience to the reading.' Often in a word problem with multiple parts for answers, re-reading the question later has helped me immensely in understanding the objective and potential hints by the author. The way author articulated this process is to 'RE-ENTER' the reading to find out what I do 'KNOW' and how far am I away from what I 'WANT'. This articulation makes me appreciate its simplicity and effectiveness for anyone who gets stuck in processing a question.

I then paused when I was reading through the solution and methodology of problem solving in the leapfrog question. This is very similar to my method of working on a problem during work. Often times, I would have to design large tables with combinations of multiple factors with patterns. The method of Specialization is one of the more power tool there is. Especially with large and complicated problems, starting small can provide insights to a generalized solution or start of a recursion. There is no shame going through trail and error, then validation with Specialization until you reach the solution.

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned using the method of Specialization in your work. How do you decide when to start small with a problem, and do you find this approach always leads to useful insights for larger, more complex issues?

    ReplyDelete

My Final Reflection on EDCP 342

Here we are, the end of the road of EDCP 324. Although it was only around 3.5 months, this was the most I have thought about Math as a subje...